2.12.2014

scenes from the marina.

I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Never had I heard of the town Marina del Rey, and boy was I missing out. When our plane touched ground in Los Angeles, we were thankfully only 10 minutes away from my new summer home-away-from-home. Those 10 extra long minutes were filled with a mixture of pure anticipation for my adventures ahead and pure awe for the new scenery that surrounded us. I had to blink a few times before realizing that we had arrived at our destination--and it was, in fact, the correct destination. This stunning beach town was cozy, relaxed and yet still full of action. Why yes, I could definitely call this home.

The next few days I explored via car, happily taking one wrong turn after another simply to see where we'd end up next. Later, I traced back with a lengthy peaceful stroll only to find what we named "the loop." (Otherwise known as the Venice Canals.) This loop was only two streets over from my apartment and looked like it belonged in Europe. The bridge over the canal was made to mirror Italian views, yet it was lined with sleek and colorful mansions all the way down. It took you right down to the marina itself, which was always full of sailboats and truly incredible sights to see. This scenic route made me feel at ease as it became familiar territory and somehow felt comforting as I settled into my Marina del Rey studio. I can still channel my peaceful mindset, the cool breeze and all the intricate detailing on all the homes. 

Seeing these pictures always takes me back. Where does it let your mind drift off to?


How do you choose to unwind and put your mind at ease?

Ciau,
K. René