2.13.2014

abbot kinney adventures.

I first discovered the existence of Abbot Kinney (and that it was a mere 3 minute drive up the road) when I was attempting to do a u-turn. I turned down the unfamiliar street and before I knew it, I kept going. It was extremely enticing. What I found at the end of the road, where Abbot Kinney began, quickly became my favorite local spot to shop, eat and people watch. This one eclectic street is lined with palms and unique boutiques--from home decor, to paper goods, to jewelry and clothing. It was heavenly. I spent many days on this street and each time I went, there was always something I spotted that I hadn't yet seen. When Becca came to visit, I was beyond excited to take her to Lemonade for a sweet treat and refreshing flavored, icy cold lemonade. We also happened to be in the right time at the right place, we got to see tons of food trucks lining the streets too for a festive Friday outing. Later in the summer, I was flipping through Instagram and saw that some of my favorite bloggers were hanging out at the Tommy Hilfiger pop-up shop, a surf shack on the go! The mobile shop was hitting the West Coast for a premiere viewing of the new TH summer collection. This was an experience I would've envied if I had simply seen it online; so the fact that I could throw on a dress and head down the road to see for myself was the ultimate luxury for LA living. I picked up a navy TH coozie as a souvenir and a couple reusable burlap totes. 

No matter the day, Abbot Kinney is always full of adventures.









I'm quite excited to go back and shop the street again. From the one-of-a-kind outdoor and open-air furniture store, to the faux grass flooring at Kreation, the food is outstanding and the stores are right up to par. Have you experienced Abbot Kinney? Do tell!

Ciau,
K. René