7.07.2012

making my list & checking it twice.

I have been on the hunt for the ideal denim shirt for what seems like an eternity. I have a mental checklist of all the fabulous qualities I hope for it to entail. My dream denim is lightweight, yet sturdy. It's wash is the perfect balance between dark denim and light denim. It's comfortable; I could move around and reach for the stars and dance my heart out while wearing it. It'd ultimately have a preppy vibe to it versus a more country vibe. Does this shirt exist? I am proud to say that yes, yes it does. I found this treasure in the sale room of Banana Republic for only $25! What a fabulous find that was. I immediately beelined for the checkout counter to make it official. As soon as I got home I started pairing all the different ways I could wear it, and boy was I happy. Here's the debut ensemble itself.

I went for more of an urban appeal and wore the top tied with soft black lace Zara shorts, caramel strappy sandals, my leopard J.Crew-inspired Sophie & Trey bag, Sophie & Trey headband & sideways cross necklace, assorted bracelets and incredible new studded rings from Urban Outfitters. I completed the boho-chic look with a messy fishtail braid.




How do you style your denim shirt?

Ciau,
K.René