7.07.2012

feeling blue.


We made it over the bridge to Publix and Target the other day, and to my surprise, the popular look was a bathing suit and a cover-up... to grocery shop! This is when it hit me: I live at the beach now. I realized it was time to play around with my wardrobe and be inspired by all the surf-chic looks I've been attracted to but never felt comfortable pulling off. This was my excuse to re-invent my look and alter it to fit in with this soothing and mellow environment. For today's errands, I played with texture. This open weave white batwing cotton top paired with my paisley cotton shorts from H&M was dressed up with the beaded color-blocked necklace from 4th & Ocean. My olive green canvas sandals completed the look along with an arm full of dainty gold bracelets and my nude watch. I threw my hair up in a messy pony tail to go with the "effortlessly-chic" vibe everyone gives off around here. All in all, I think I can maintain a polished yet relaxed look.





Stay tuned to see how I balance both dressy and casual for the ultimate sophisticated bohemian look.

Made any daring adaptations with your wardrobe lately? Do tell.

Ciau,
K.René