7.07.2012

making moves.


So we took a walk on the wild side, my parents and I, and moved to Jacksonville last month. It was life-changing.


We traded in our house for an amazing condo overlooking the intercoastal and I have never been happier. The view from every angle is awe-inspiring, acting as the ideal backdrop for any impromptu outfit photoshoots. The surrounding area is just as incredible with an enormous outdoor mall, the St. John's Town Center, just four minutes away (yeah, you read that right...) making impromptu shopping sprees, changing window displays, and street style easily accessible at all hours. If you drive about 5 minutes in the opposite direction you'll find yourself in Jacksonville Beach where the view is flawless and the atmosphere is relaxing. Filled with eclectic shops and local eateries, this area is inviting for both day trips and nightlife. I spotted the perfect outdoor seating at Starbucks on the corner the other day and couldn't wait to bring my laptop and blog by the beach with an iced coffee in hand! What could be better than that? The people in our building are more than friendly and every person has been eager to get to know us and hear our story; it's like our own vertical neighborhood.


My days have been full of exploring the area, laying out by pool and (finally) working on my tan, buzzing around in our brand new boat that awaits us right downstairs (pinch me?), and simply enjoying the breeze while pouring through fashion blogs all day. 


It has been a time full of self-reflection and creativity due to all this much-needed free time. I have been able to truly unwind and appreciate every moment. My family and I have nicknamed our place "The Haven" and "The Mansion in the Sky," which pretty much sums up our happiness with our decision. We're living in paradise--and I don't hate it!


Have you allowed yourself to disconnect from reality for a little R&R lately?


Ciau,
K.René