4.03.2013

"big dreams, good music and expensive taste."

As if this trip wasn't already enough of a dream-come-true, our hard work interning paid off in more ways than one. The incredibly kind people we met, both from the NYC and LA offices, the experience we gained and the souvenirs we got to take home with us all played a major role in making this trip the trip of a lifetime. Katie, Nadia and I stayed behind after the rest of the interns headed toward the tents on the day of the Hervé Léger show. We ended up being able to handle and package 100 giftbags for bloggers and a selected lucky group complete with an HL signature cap (a fresh-off-the-runway look!) and a note signed from Max & Lubov. The whole process was incredible; each and every step we took--from folding tissue the proper way to hand writing 100 notes with an inspiring quote on them--made the show one bit closer to the perfection that it was; it was such an honor to have an impact on the production. At the end of the day, the three of us were rewarded with a HL hat giftbag. I have already worn mine multiple times and am beyond obsessed with the incredible fit and infamous "HL" label. The glamorous baseball cap is absolutely my favorite trend right now! 




About 45 minutes before the show was set to start, we finished our project with the hats and quickly packed 50 bags into boxes and toted them down to the van that was parked outside waiting to take us to the Lincoln Center. What a thrill it was to be in a BCBG van--just us three interns--in NYC on the way to Fashion Week... we were all ecstatic. 


Once we arrived to the show, word got to us that the model survival kits (tote bags full of goodies to give to the models in compensation for strutting down the runway) were still back at the office. They selected me to go back and retrieve them, so there I went, flagging down the van outside the tents and bee-lining it for the showroom. Then the doors to the office were locked; my heart sunk. I immediately started madly dialing Lindsey, the events coordinator, meanwhile pounding on the glass doors just praying for someone to come find me! My prayers were answered when a confused seamstress came to my rescue and let me right in. I swung 25 bags onto one arm and 25 onto the other and hustled back to the van. We made it back to the Lincoln Center just in time and I heroically paraded in with the totes. (It was not a graceful act...) The best part was that I was able to receive an "all access" wrist band that will forever be a treasure and memory of this experience--score! We watched the show in awe.

The models were all lined up and ready to go; all cameras on them. This was the big moment we had all been waiting for; it was about to begin.

We could all watch a live feed of the runway from backstage to be able to tell the models exactly when to walk. Everyone stood there in awe as they seamlessly strutted down the runway in style.


During the grand finale walk, everyone burst into applause backstage. I got the chills and actually shed a few tears. It was an unforgettable sight to see everyone hugging and celebrating such a flawless debut of the latest line.


Immediately after the show ends, everybody snaps back into reality and starts taking apart the set, moving clothes out and special guests begin to file backstage. I was starstruck and overly excited to see Kelly of The Glamourai, Chiara of The Blonde Salad and Lindsey of Saucy Glossie. I have a list of over 30 blogs that I religiously read day after day--so to see these fashion icons in person was such a treat.

Chiara sweetly greeted me with a kiss on each cheek at the BCBG After Party and we ironically hopped into the same cab she was hopping out of at the end of the night. Oh, to be in NYC!


Lindsey toting her HL giftbag (packaged by us!!). So surreal!


Our impromptu photoshoot in front of the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week wall!

Our dedication to helping the Hérve show be as successful as possible paid off. In addition to our HL hat giftbags, we received a model survival kit complete with all the goodies below. I have never been so thrilled--these two gifts mean the world to me. Some of my favorites from below were the delicious Kusmi Tea, Sephora mascara, Parker Pen, Kiehl's lip balm, and argan oil; it has been just wonderful to pamper myself with these memorable samples! I am newly addicted to the BCBG perfume as well--I keep the larger bottle on my perfume tray in my room and the smaller bottle in my car for any last-minute spritzes! The tote itself is my favorite part--I have it hanging on my rolling rack on display as a constant reminder of how awesome this trip truly was.




Since we were fortunate enough to hear Lubov's commentary and were introduced to some incredible BCBG employees through the lovely Lauri, we arrived back to the hotel much later than planned. (So worth it!) We immediately put our samples into used and freshened up in record time--only 45 minutes--all while chugging our lattes. Thank goodness for adrenaline. And caffeine. Then we hopped in a cab toward The Standard Hotel and headed up to The Boom Boom Room once we arrived. The 

Katie and me with a few of the other fab interns!

Jocelyn, another wonderful intern! Something tells me we'll be working again together someday!

My favorite photo of us to date. We are so genuinely thrilled and excited; boy does it show!

The one and only Cuit! I absolutely loved working with him behind the scenes at the HL show and again while I was at check-in for the after party!


"Big dreams, good music and expensive taste." It pretty much just sums it all up! 
Bravo to this entire trip; it was simply spectacular. 

Ciau,
K.René