1.07.2013

old school.

Technology rocks. I couldn't imagine my life without it. From my laptop, to my iPhone, to the internet in general... at times I feel like I'm technology's #1 fan. It's simply convenient to get wrapped up in the online world. This 'plugged in' phenomenon makes us take more of an effort to enjoy some physical, tangible experiences--we should absolutely take the extra step and allow ourselves to do so. 

An absolute favorite pastime of mine is to pull inspiration from print sources. Any trends from the latest catalogs, editorial photoshoots from the newest magazine issue and noteworthy design may make the cut and slide right into its proper spot in my design files. I have all sorts of categories, ranging from color, layouts and editorials, to photography, article ideas, fashion finds, cosmetology and interior design. 





It is such a wonderful whirlwind when I am able to take the time to fly through page after page soaking up all it has to offer. I can easily reference any image I may have seen potential in and just like that I am inspired once again. It always is beneficial to reflect back on previous pages I've pulled and see how my taste and style has matured and flourished over the years. As my print inspiration remains the closest to my heart, Pinterest is a very close second. My boards are full of incredible finds that continually spark my interest. Follow along on my pinning journey and stay tuned for more featured print finds.

Where do you find inspiration?

Ciau,
K.René