12.30.2012

design: it's on my mind.

This past year was full of discoveries--the most important being my passion for graphic design. I first fell in love with design during my senior year of high school as I was editor in chief of our yearbook. I learned InDesign and Photoshop and quickly became addicted. I no longer could look at a series of images without silently studying the layout--is someone facing "off the page?" Are the images pixelated? What would it look like if the images were flipped? I have also strengthened my font vocabulary and, in turn, can name far too many fonts I see around town on billboards or for store logos at a glance. Ultimately, I feel relaxed and at ease when I am designing. I have the power to place endless amounts of images into arrangements that are just right for any particular theme. If i'm making a to-do list, I'd rather have it online with a handwritten font on a pretty pattern. I become engrossed in the elements and will work (and work, and work) until it can't be altered anymore. 

One of my resolutions for 2013 is to live out my passions. I have recently been selected to design the color scheme, cover and layouts of our fashion magazine on campus, Clutch. As Art Director, I will be (therapeutically) designing from day to day... all while adding my touch to this already-incredible magazine. My excitement is through the roof!

Below is a round-up of my (favorite) designs I created in 2012...








Many more to come in the year ahead. 

Ciau,
K.René