8.10.2012

missoni saves the (rainy) day.

The day Missoni was released at Target was the day I skipped class to go seek out what all this brilliant designer had in store for me. 
A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right?


My classmates were diligently taking notes on the different effects that fire and chemicals have on various textiles and fibers. Meanwhile, I was completely submerged in chevron heaven and didn't leave Target for hours while debating what items to impulse buy as I repeatedly sorted through those perfectly-patterned pieces that were piled up in my cart. Since it was merely my first trip (of many) I felt like I should be at least semi-conservative and responsible so I only bought a few of the absolute necessities. (...A tray that I had no place for, file folders simply to decorate my desk, a set of pencils that I could barely bear to sharpen, etc.) One of the items that I had buyer's remorse for not buying was a fabulous pair of rainboots. I couldn't believe that I didn't buy them--I would get SO much use out of them and would have them forever... but no. They were sold out in my size (or anything close to it) by the time I returned a day or so later. I thought that was the end to my journey, but oh was I wrong. 

My birthday rolls around in January (all things Missoni were long gone at this point) and I took a trip home to celebrate with my family. As I was madly opening my presents, I came across this odd shaped and rather heavy box that truly piqued my interest. What could be inside?! I tore through the peacock feather printed wrapping and squealed with disbelief/joy/true bliss/eternal happiness when I laid my eyes on the exact boots I'd been lusting over for MONTHS! A mother always knows, right?! I was absolutely shocked and to say I was thankful would be a ridiculous understatement. I thanked my parents profusely and paraded around wearing my brand new boots while simultaneously doing a rain-dance.  It was one of the most memorable days of my life. 

So, here they are, worn casually with a cotton peplum top, high-waisted denim shorts, a citron headband, and a handful or two of jewelry. I wore this ensemble on my hunt for the perfect pair of 'mom jeans' (no, you normally don't hear those words in the same sentence) to make into high-waisted cut-offs. Details on that adventure to follow! 




What's your take on the infamous impulse-purchase? To swipe or not to swipe...

Ciau,
K.René