3.14.2012

cobalt & citron.

It all started with a pair of color-blocked ballet flats. There I was, ooh-ing and ahh-ing over J.Crew's latest online collection when all of the sudden my whole world got turned around. I had spotted my dream shoe: a bright citron suede ballet flat with deep eggplant satin cap-toes. Wow. I immediately burst out of my room to go share what I had discovered with anyone and everyone I could find, starting with my parents who were out on our back patio enjoying a cup of coffee. They were absolutely amused, but mostly with the price... After a lot of bargaining and pleading, I was finally able to find a way to welcome those fab flats into my wardrobe. What a happy day that was. Years later, these statement shoes have come right back into style! Between the neon, the cap-toe, and the color-blocking, what could be more 'Spring 2012?!' Not only did these show-stoppers add the finishing touch to outfit after outfit, but they also sparked my obsession with citron. Since then, I have been in a citron craze, especially now that they're officially back 'in' and can be found in almost every stylish store--love it!

{citron dress paired with aqua necklace, both from Anthropologie}



{a peek into my inspiration journal}

{recent additions to my closet: cobalt denim with a neon & neutral top}

{citron cameo on a gold chain}

{a calendar I designed for Fashion Incorporated}

How will you combine citron and cobalt this spring?

Ciau,
K.René