7.05.2011

a walk to remember.

In order to make my elated-because-I'm-graduated arrival in NYC as soon as possible, I am taking Principles of Financial Accounting over the summer at the community college conveniently located right by my family's house. Parking is a hassle; so I decided to get some exercise (while avoiding wearing exercise attire) and enjoy the summer heat in small amounts by walking to class. While it is merely a 2 minute stroll door-to-door, it still counts as physical activity in my book! After sitting in a grey-walled and uninspiring room for 1.5 hours, I am always eager to soak up the sunshine on my walk home. Today, while avoiding stepping through high grass AND letting my striped paperbag-waist skirt ride up to an inappropriate length, I was distracted by the stunning bougainvillea that was newly in bloom. The appealing balance of saturated fuchsia and bubblegum pink was a fabulous feminine touch on Mother Nature's part. Since you can usually find me indoors with the air conditioning cranked up, I feel as if I may have a more significant appreciation of the samplings of nature that are artfully scattered about.


A spherical sky.



A frame-worthy sunset.



Ciau,
K.René