7.05.2011

read, bite & new

After reading page after page of my absolute favorite blog, Cupcakes & Cashmere, I was recently inspired to pick up a pot and pan or two and begin experimenting! It had been a long--yet relaxing--4th of July, consisting of lounging in my bed with natural lighting seeping in my cozy cove of creativity. I retreated from my pile of pillows only when I could no longer ignore my roaring hunger. Feeling adventurous, yet unguided, I peered into the fridge to find a basic ingredient to go off of. What I came across was an oil-based tomato sauce with extracts of garlic (read: pure heaven). Immediately I associated tomato sauce with pizza, but felt inclined to make something more extravagant. What I made was a vegetarian personal pizza, and here's how I did it:

Ingredients:


Bring English Muffin to a suitable temperature in the microwave,
Generously spread sauce onto both halves of the muffin,
Add mozzarella slices,
Thinly slice and quarter tomato,
*Add vegetarian pepperonis for protein,
Sprinkle garlic pepper and spice (I used our family recipe blend of spices, "turbo spice"),
Warm up and make crispy in the oven for 6 minutes or so.


Pair with a salad and refreshingly cold drink. Bon appétit!


Ciau,
K.René