7.25.2011

musical mindset.



The Beatles: they have truly influenced the world. More specifically, they've directly influenced my taste in music. I cannot get enough of their classic, catchy, incredibly brilliant tunes. It would be nearly impossible to try to pick a favorite; therefore, I have narrowed my selection down to a top 5. These songs bring back bunches of memories of happy moments.

Our family vacations always had the Beatles for our soundtrack. We had sing-a-longs on the lengthy road trips, helping to minimize the "are we there yet?" persistency by harmonizing to "All You Need is Love."




"Strawberry Fields" instantly relaxes my mind and causes flashbacks of my very first moments as a member of Zeta Tau Alpha, as the theme for Bid Day was "All you need is love... The greatest of all things." Such smile-filled times.




My graphic-design-take on "All My Loving." We ended up using this design for a Valentine's Day party with my sorority.


At the very moment these peculiar notes first graced my eardrums, I knew this song would end up being an ultimate favorite. The funk and mixture of sound effects with unusual chords just makes the whole song an adventure to listen to. The one, the only, "Come Together."


I first realized "A Day in the Life" was sung by The Beatles while it was being performed by Drew Yardis during the Saturday Farmer's Market in Downtown Lake Mary, FL. I was indoors working at Sophie & Trey when I heard the spectacular melody seeping in the doors from outside. After propping open the door to be encompassed by the sound, I heard what was such a dramatic song--transforming from one style to another, to another during the course of the track. The collage of sound makes for an incredible listen.



("Ten Years" poster by Max Dalton, bottom images by Google & Auto Suede.)

Not for a second could I imagine my life without The Beatles in it. Maybe I'm amazed by their talent; maybe I'm amazed by their creativity--hmm, I'll just let it be. Well, it's been a hard day's night, and I should be sleeping like a log! Off to bed I go...

Ciau,
K. René