7.29.2011

fuchsia & lemon; sweet & sour.

While I can predictably gravitate toward neutrals, earth tones, and jewel tones when shopping for an addition to my wardrobe, I have recently done quite the opposite. What a monumental break-through! Convinced that brights would play up my pale ivory skin, I cautiously and purposefully kept my distance and admired the hi-lighter yellows and so-hot-you're-on-fire pinks from a far. I decided a little fuchsia nail polish couldn't hurt, however, and that's when I came across a surprisingly do-able color combo that was begging to be showed off: fuchsia and lemon. My luscious pink nails were on display while I was flipping through my tops hanging in my closet, when all of the sudden I approached the yellow section (consisting of one bright and daring sunshine-yellow top, featured below, sandwiched in between deep mustard and more flattering tones). There was no denying that a daring and playful outfit was about to be in the making. I ended up with the sheer canary yellow bat-wing top paired with my high-waisted dark denim cuffed shorts. Accessories as followed: my daily wrist bling, shiny gold studs, hot pink statement necklace, strappy caramel sandals and to-die-for gold studded bag. What a winning combo it was!

sunflowers & peonies.

Pop-color pieces from Sheridan French. Fuchsia lace as shown on Cupcakes & Cashmere.

The ensemble I established.

A woven textured necklace.

My previous desktop images: a Free People calendar and pattern.

My stunning sister & my wrist ornaments.

My thoughts on fashion.

Stepped outside the box lately? What daring ensemble-encounters have you experienced?

Ciau,
K.René