10.29.2010

staying inspired by the fire








It is late. I am not sleeping, however. After a wonderful night in, I am bursting with creativity. I saw the most amazing movie tonight; it encompassed reality and relationships all in one lovely eventful plot. The raw emotion and incredible acting slowly drew me in and grabbed my attention, mirroring the pace of the romantic story in the film. The scenery was stunning, and the main character wasn't too bad on the eyes either... he even acted as a male model in the protagonists' runway show. That's right-I found the perfect film for me, romance, happy endings, and fashion! The plot was unpredictable, yet still managed to be cheesy. I laughed out loud, and even started to tear up at certain heart-wrenching parts. I think what ties me close to this film is how relatable it was; it took the average woman and an accidental scenario to bring two people close. Through their differences they learn to appreciate new things, and discover what past experiences shaped who they are in the present. Both are there to better each other's lives, trying desperately-yet subtly-to please one another. This incredible bond unfolds into "I think I'm in love with you," which in turn creates a whirlwind of emotion. Cue romantic piano and dramatic song. Cue tissues and a toasty-warm heart. In the film, one is inspired to write screenplays, and ends up completely passionate about writing. This inspired me, not to write, but to sketch. I used to sketch almost on a daily basis. I'd sketch designs of clothing, interiors, landscapes, anything I felt necessary in that moment. Tonight I put on paper a few classic looks that were previously lingering in my head. I played with detail, yet still managed to maintain simplicity. I feel the looks are timeless and elegant. In addition, I whipped up a much-longed-for inspiration board solely filled with magazine clippings, old letters, quotes, and photographs. Phrases such as "Start living your creative passion" and "feel beautiful" grace the presence of my simple, yet decorated board. This board was actually given to me by my "big" in Zeta. (I find out who she is on Sunday!!) She added to the top in silver cursive script the quote by Coco Chanel: "Fashion fades. Style is eternal." It is absolutely perfect and so me! I love it, and I love her already! It makes as the perfect board for interchangeable inspiration! I am in dire need of some warm coffee-this room is an iceberg and I have a long night ahead of me!

Ciau,
K. René