5.15.2009

Summer sewing inspiration!

This here is one of my favorite pieces of jewelry. Hopefully it will belong to me one day, but as of now I'm merely a walking billboard. This piece was made by Erika Hinn, www.avignonhandcraftedjewelry.com, and is just one of her many incredible looks. It's under a category called "brocante" which means junk in french. The flower was a vintage pin that she took off the back and attached it to the necklace--brilliant. Her inspiration is Anthropologie, yet her prices are far more reasonable. I really idolize her creativity and motivation, the jewelry she makes is seriously outstanding. This Saturday (tomorrow) I am wearing it to the Luxautica: La Dolce Vita fashion show. I'm helping out backstage (couldn't model this time because I'm under 18 and it's bathing suit modeling.. not my thing!) but anyway I am able to help Melanie Pace out, www.melaniepace.com, with styling. I have to be there at 4:45 and the show doesn't start until 9:30, so that's going to be fun! Hopefully I really get to have a say in things and make valuable connections. I'm going to wear an amazing outfit, showcasing the necklace properly. I'll maybe do my khaki anthropologie sailor wide-leg trousers with a tighter-fitting chic top tucked in, then have the necklace show, and maybe gold gladiators. iI wish my ZARA sandals were fixed, and walk-able. They're easy to slide out of, and I can picture myself trying to go save someone's outfit by running on the go and just slipping right out of them--not a good picture! Speaking of this event, it's already 12:52 a.m., and I should really get some sleep. I'm sorry I haven't blogged in a while. But with summer coming up, I'll be sure to stay consistent. P.S. I bought the most amazing fabric for a dress I'm making this summer... it's white and the top and bottom have like a 6 inch embroidered amazing design on it.. from flowers to leaves to peacocks, no two are alike.. it was only $19.99!!!! I can't believe it! It's supposed to be a table cloth or a throw, but I got the idea to make it a strapless maxi dress. I plan to sew in a contrasting thick zipper right down the back. Probably put some elastic at the top, or some straps even. Nothing can compete with it, though. I'll take a picture of the fabric. I have it pinned on my mannequin now, waiting for it to be made.. can't wait!!!
That's all for now.
Ciau!






EDIT: Just wanted to include the photographs taken of my outfit at Lux!